Fayette County, Georgia
Scope of Work:
This project was the construction of a Category One Earthen Dam under the classification State of Georgia Safe Dams Program for Fayette County Georgia Water System and an approximately 650 acre water supply reservoir.
- Clearing and grubbing of entire 650 acre dam and reservoir site
- Total excavation of 220,000 cubic yards with a surcharge of the dam site of up to 6 months.
- Furnished and installed internal drain system consisting of solid and perforated pipe, filter fabric, sand, and other aggregates
- The principle and emergency spillway functions are provided by a 200 foot wide concrete spillway and 14 foot high labyrinth weir wall complete with a 200 linear feet Contech bridge
- Project included extensive riprap armoring of the dam face